Sunday, May 31, 2009

Goldie's Bowl - Bernina 830 Intro Class


Yesterday, I found myself at an all-day, hands-on sewing class at Mel's, to learn the features of a very fancy, very new sewing machine (Bernina 830) I recently traded the old one in for. About 12 ladies attended, including me. Back at the casita, 15 minutes before class was to start, I made a quick call to Mel's to shout out "I'll be there!" then ran out the door dragging my machine and all the parts and instructional manuals that came with it. My, my...this machine is a heavy sucker to tote...not good, considering the fly-by-the-seat-of your-pants, last-minute habits that I cannot seem to shake. The weight of the machine is cumbersome. I was rushing, while trying not to bump, bruise or break anything. Luck was with me and me 'n my machine made it to class intact, only 10 minutes late, managing to get situated and start on time with the class. The fun part was, of course, the hands-on part. The ladies ooo-ed and ahh-ed each new feature as we worked our machines. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Whew! Time flew as the instructor put us through the paces of the machine. I was stiff, stiff, stiff from sitting so long, but very satisfied. There's a Part 2 to the class next Saturday...about embroidery! I'll be there...on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment