Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Little quilt blocks

I am embroidering tiny bonnet girls, part of a Little Blues sampler from Sentimental Stitches. And then there's these tiny house blocks, my favorite new endeavor from designer Jeanneke's "Building Houses from Scraps."  It took me a couple of tries to get into the rhythm of cutting and sewing these house blocks.  The original pattern top corner pieces, came as single pieces.  For easier piecing, I divided that pattern piece into two sections; much better!  I did try to paper piece this tiny pattern, but opted instead to simply cut and sew like any other pieced block.  More tedious?  Maybe a wee bit, but the pieces are manageable and lots of creative fun in the making.  I've many more little houses to make before it becomes a quilt; however, at last I have found that special thing, a little aside that I can pull out and work on between bigger projects. Mixing and matching the prints and colors and seeing the end result, it's like chicken soup for this quilter's soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment