Saturday, January 15, 2011

Slippers!!

 The quilt I am working on comes from a book of patterns, "Quilted Potpourri" by Jere'e McDade, which I picked up at last year's quilt show, inspired by the vibrant, whimsical sample quilt that hung on the wall of the booth.  I also purchased the fabric roll which corresponded to the prints of the sample quilt.  Purchasing a pre-selected roll of fabric cuts has been a great convenience.  While I normally enjoy picking my own prints and colors, I trust the eye of the designer for a fun quilt like this one.  Probably should have drawn from my own stash of fabric; however, it has been fun to decide which print goes where, using someone else's fabric picks.  I find that I still have to call upon my own skills in considering color value, balance and so on, as I piece the quilt blocks and put them in place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment